Sunday, October 11, 2009

New Challenge!!!

So now that everyone is getting acquainted with our little Kingdom, who is ready for a new Challenge?
I don't know about you... but when I hear the word journaling I feel deflated almost immediately.  It is just not something I feel comfortable with.  That being said I am following the Royal motto of throw your comfort zones out the WINDOW!  We are going to start a monthly journaling challenge right here on the blog.  Not only are we journaling but we are going to write about OURSELVES!  I know, I know some of you want to run away but there will be posting bonuses from the team and maybe even special surprises from the Dancing Princess herself.  Trust me it will be sooooo worth it.

Now for this months challenge...

I want you to think back and scrap your earliest childhood memory.  Complete your page using Dancing Princess products and then leave a comment on this post with a link to your page in a gallery.  Your layouts do not have to include a photograph but a decent paragraph of journaling is required.  Simple enough?  Here is my page for some inspiration or clarification?!  Have fun and I can't wait to see your memories...



Journaling reads:
My earliest memory is of our apartment in Denver. I remember my toy shopping cart. It was made of hard yellow plastic with red chunky wheels and an orange handle. I remember my Mommy setting up all of the groceries around the house for me to go “shopping”. This time in particular I remember looking up from my grocery list and seeing my mom and dad sitting next to each other on the couch. They looked happy and I felt happy they were my Mommy and Daddy. I was only two years old when we lived in Denver and my mom barely remembers those days. I am grateful for that one image of the two of them happy. It is nice to think that we were once a family and that they did look at me the way that I look at my little girls now.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic Challenge Cat!
    Gotta search for some photos of me as a child

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love journaling challenges. So, this was a great inspiration for me. I used Jenn's Something About You mini kit and my LO is here: http://godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=67987
    I am planning to use this page in my AAM album which I am making with my DD in mind.

    Thanks for the challenge.

    Laura (aka - emeraldsong)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got my lo done. My memories are scarce, but was glad I could come up with one. I used Endearing kit and Alpha. My LO is here: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=68551&ppuser=8288

    Thanks for the fun challenge.

    Cathy (britnkaysmemaw2)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my earliest memory! Thanks for the challenge, Cat!

    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=68604&nocache=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good challenge, ladies! I did a page with Mint Julep and a couple of elements from My Heart Sings: "I Remember Sparkle Plenty". The LO is at http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=68841&ppuser=14768

    ReplyDelete